Rare black jaguar cub born at big cat sanctuary
A rare female black jaguar cub has been born at The Big Cat Sanctuary in Kent, UK.
The adorable cub, which is being referred to as 'Baby' until she is officially named, has taken her father's colouration of appearing black - a characteristic only affecting 10 per cent of the wild jaguar population, while the other 90 per cent have distinctive spots.
Her birth is part of the European Endangered Species Breeding Programme, and is an important breakthrough for jaguars, which are classed as 'near threatened' in the wild.
Jaguars exist in the wild in 18 countries in the Americas, from Mexico to Argentina